For the Transformer logo I used this recipe for sculptable frosting. I probably could have just gotten the sugar sheets or fondant...but what is the fun in that? So I printed out the logo (I got it from google images) and laid it on top of a rolled out recipe of the sculptable frosting. I then used an X-acto knife to cut the image out of the frosting.
When it was all cut out, I pulled up the pieces and was left with the image. I then had to cut it out and clean it up.
When I had it all layed out, I put another piece of wax paper over the top and put a cutting board on it and flipped it over and then layed it on top of the cake. As you can see, it is FAR from perfect. But, I was fairly pleased with my first attempt and such an undertaking. And kids don't care if it is perfect!
We ate part of the cake on Sunday with the family birthday party and then I saved the rest to serve (cut up) at the friend birthday party. I had originally thought about making a second cake for the party or even some cupcakes. But my husband convinced me that my sanity was more important and Luke was totally happy with what I had already done. He was right. So, I put my efforts on the rest of his party!
This banner and matching game took me more time than anything else. I used my Cricut to cut the banner triangles out and then borrowed my cousin's Silhouette to cut out the letters and logos. But, her silhouette wasn't working very well for me and was only scoring the cardstock (despite me trying everything I could think of!) and so I ended up staying up until 2am cutting it all out with an X-acto knife. Oh well...
Luke and his friends had a great time and I'm so glad! But whew! That was a lot of work!